|Uh...this is addictive...|
I let the brownies sit for 1 more day, and surprisingly the taste improved, quite a bit actually. The surface has become slightly crunchy, while the inside is chewy, soft and still moist. So I suppose I did the right thing, ^_^ even though it was still crumbly.
- 6 oz salted butter
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 oz dark compound chocolate, coursely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup sugar (I reduced it to 3/4 cup, will not add sugar next time as the semisweet chocolate is very very sweet)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Chopped Oreo cookies (about 20 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 175 degree C. Line and butter and an 8" x 8" baking pan.
Ready for the oven
- Double boil butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until melted and smooth. Allow to cool down slightly.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and sugar. Whisk the chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Cool down to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. Fold until well combined.
- Stir in half of Oreo cookies into chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Pour batter into the baking pan and slowly move the pan left and right so the batter filled up the pan. Sprinkle the rest of the Oreo on top. Press it into the batter lightly.
- Bake 40 minutes at the bottom rack or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (As the brownies will lose a bit of moisture when it cools down. We still want the inside of the brownies to be moist. I think my oven needs about 50 minutes as tooth pick test failed at the 40th minute. However, I tried the second time and this time, I put the pan at the bottom rack and it's cooked at the 40th minute.)